Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Husband Is The Greatest!

Have you had one of those days? You are trying to teach a new topic to one of your children when out of no where your youngest, who was happily playing by himself, decides he needs your attention. Not just a little bit of your attention, all of it. Oh, and if he doesn't get it then he will let you and all of your neighbors know how unhappy that makes him. Today was one of those days for me. I was going over Caleb's history lesson and he was just about to "get it" when Ethan entered the room. My goodness, there was no making that child happy, blocks, crayons, markers, the piano, dancing around the room, nothing worked. Then from around the corner of my unfinished dining room my wonderful husband enetered the room. He lifted Ethan up and said, "Why don't you come spend some time with me." My mouth dropped as silence once again entered our little homeschool room. Just as quickly as the chaos came it went and Caleb and I were able to continue the lesson.
Since my husband will not be able to rescue me from my child everyday I need ideas. What do you do with your young one(s) when you are trying to focus on a topic with your older child or children and nothing seems to be working?

No comments:

Post a Comment